Frequently Asked Questions—
Get the Answers
MADE IN THE USA– LakeEze is owned and operated by Kroeger Marine, a family-owned and an operated business that has excelled for over three decades, offering unmatched experience and quality in dock design and construction, and world-class dock accessories in the heart of upstate South Carolina.
LakeEze accessories can be purchased through our dealer network. Use our dealer locator to find the most up-to-date information on LakeEze dock accessory dealers near you.
We currently do not ship individually. If there is no LakeEze dealer in your area, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kroeger Marine Construction, Inc. warrants to the original purchasing consumer or dealer that its products and parts are free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship when properly assembled, installed, and maintained under normal use and service. Each LakeEze product has a 3 year limited warranty.
See more regarding our warranty information here.
Little to none! The LakeEze dock accessory line is built to last when operated under normal conditions. We recommend a wipe-down cleaning once a year (or as needed), but overall our LakeEze products require very little maintenance.
• At any age, it is significantly easier to get on these stair-step-designed ladders with wide/deep footing compared to vertical, small-rung ladders.
• Unlike the straight-up and down ladders, the gentle incline of the LakeEze Ladder allows many people who cannot climb a ladder but can manage stairs to access the water again. Everyone from small children to elderly individuals can use this ladder!
• Given its staircase design, the LakeEze Ladder has also made it possible for many people with varying disabilities to enjoy the water again.
• Most dogs love them, too, from Chihuahuas to Golden Retrievers!
• You only need one ladder for both people and pets.
• With the wide steps that create a stable sitting surface, you can enjoy sitting in the water or even standing on the ladder hands-free, resting instead of treading water.
• It makes it easier to board kayaks, canoes, jet skis, paddleboards, etc.
• Since the tread depth is larger than other ladders, the steps are much more comfortable on your feet.
• These ladders don’t swing under your dock like some conventional ladders do, making it more difficult to climb out.
• LakeEze Ladders are made with high-quality aluminum profile. Other ladders are made with thin-walled tubing.
• To avoid flexing with the thin-walled tube, other ladders make the descent angle steeper, making it more of a climb out instead of walking out.
• LakeEze Ladder steps / treadplates are 11 ¾” deep compared to others similar ladders on the market that have a 6-8” depth. This makes for much more comfortable footing and sitting area.
• The LakeEze Ladder also has a taller handle height in comparison to other sloped ladders, making it easier to walk out of the water instead of having to climb out of the water.
• Where the LakeEze Ladder really blows other sloped ladders out of the water, is its ability to be lifted with minimal effort. It may be made out of high quality, heavy duty aluminum, but the EzePull technology allows for the ladder to be effortlessly lifted in and out of the water.
• See comparison chart for a comparison breakdown of the LakeEze Ladder with other comparable sloped ladders on the market.
We offer both a 5-Step and a 6-Step LakeEze Ladder. To determine which version you need, measure the distance from the top of your dock to the water line.
The frames of the LakeEze Ladder is made with high-quality, heavy-duty 6061 T6 custom aluminum profile. The handrails are made with 6063 T5 custom aluminum profile. The steps are made of a high strength glass-filled nylon.
The LakeEze Ladder is made with heavy duty materials weighing in around 85-100 lbs, however, the EzePull technology allows for the ladder to be VERY easily lifted out of the water, with a pull force of around 40lbs for the 5-Step LakeEze Ladder and around 60lbs for the 6-Step LakeEze Ladder, making it considerably easier to lift than other sloped ladders or ladders made with steel and wood. The LakeEze Ladder steps are also perforated to reduce drag and allow the water to flow through them, rather than pull against, once again making lifting easier.
The LakeEze Ladder is built for life on the water and built to last and be enjoyed for years to come. The LakeEze Ladder has been load cycle tested 28,000+ times with no failures. The EzePull technology springs are rated for 10,000+ cycles, meaning that this ladder could be used by a family of 4 lifting the ladder several times a day for about 10 years without having to service. Given that the LakeEze Ladder is broken up into individual components, it can also be serviced and repaired easily if anything were to need replacing.
If you notice that your LakeEze Ladder is becoming more challenging to lift, there is a simple solution that might help. It could be as easy as re-greasing the springs within the spring housing assembly. We highly recommend performing routine maintenance to re-grease the springs regularly. This ensures that the spring-assisted lift assembly remains well-greased and functions properly.
You can easily purchase marine grease from most hardware and marine stores, which will be suitable for this task. By applying the appropriate marine grease, you can keep your ladder operating smoothly and efficiently, ensuring many more enjoyable experiences on the water.
No! The ladder mounting is designed to tie into the frame or span many boards to prevent damage to the decking.
No. The upper grab rails are included in the purchase of the LakeEze Ladder, but are not required. They function as side hoops for additional stability when getting in and out of the water.
Yes! We provide all the hardware required for the installation. We do not provide the tools needed for installation.
Yes, you can. For installation on a concrete dock, a hammer drill is required. Mark the mounting holes and use a masonry drill bit for the installation, making sure to use the backing plate to ensure the ladder is tied into the dock frame.
Fixed docks, floating docks, swim platforms, piers, seawalls, bulkheads, or any platform with a 90° angle.
If algae and dirt accumulate on your LakeEze Ladder, simply use a soft bristle brush and a mild detergent such as Dawn Dishwashing liquid. Do not use a wire brush pr any metal tool on your LakeEze Ladder.
It will if left in the water for a period of time. One of the benefits of the LakeEze Ladder is that it is retractable, so it is recommended that if not in use, they be put in their upright position on the dock to avoid this.
The LakeEze Ladder steps are made to provide a gentle, non-skid surface.
All metals oxidize; however, unlike other metals, aluminum performs extremely well in water. When used in saltwater applications, it is highly recommended to remove from water when not in use since saltwater corrodes metals more quickly. The LakeEze Ladder’s aluminum ladder and handrail design with stainless steel hardware and brass nuts, are all rust-resistant when used correctly.
The LakeEze Ladder should NEVER touch the bottom of the lake or pool.
No. It is recommended that the ladder be left in the up position when not in use to prevent algae, barnacles, and dirt buildup. It will also prevent the ladder from being hit by a boat when the dock isn’t being monitored.
Yes! Simply rotate it out of the water when not in use and the ladder will rest securely on the dock.
Yes! From small to large, most dogs LOVE this dock ladder. The LakeEze Ladder is truly ideal for ALL ages and furry friends.
Yes! We currently offer Grey, Seafoam, Navy Blue, and Espresso Brown with more color offerings added periodically. Our website will always have the most up to date color offering information!
Yes! The ladder is designed with the ability to choose which side you would like your handrail on, or you can opt for double handrails.
For the 5-Step Version, the bottom step is 44 3/8” below the deck height. For the 6-Step Version, the bottom step is 53 7/8” below the deck height.
The ladder operates with a spring assisted lift that requires the ladder to be locked in the down position when in use. Apply some weight to the ladder (step on the first or second step) to release the tension and insert the hitch pin through the slot in the latch plate. This will keep the ladder locked in the down position while in use. When you are ready to store the ladder back on the dock, again, apply weight to the ladder and pull the hitch pin out with the tether. You can then raise the ladder and store it in the up position.
The LakeEze Ladder sits back approximately 50” on the dock when in the up position. However, most of this depth is just the handrail portion. It is worth noting that while the ladder may sit back farther than other ladders on the market, it is only taking up this dock space when not in use. When you are on the dock, enjoying lake life, it will be in the water and not taking up much dock space.
The front of the LakeEze Ladder spring housing’s are mounted 8.5” from the edge of the dock. The ladder spans about 19” to the back of the spring housing’s/upper grab rails.
The LakeEze Ladder operates at a 42 degree angle. This allows people and pets to actually stand or sit on these stairs and conforms to staircase regulations unlike other ladders on the market.
The ladder steps have a treat depth of 11 ¾” with 1 3/8” of overlap.
When mounted securely and properly to the dock/pier structure, the 5-Step LakeEze Ladder will easily hold and support 350 lbs and the 6-Step LakeEze Ladder can easily hold and support 300 lbs.
LakeEze® Ramp Rack:
• It is an easy solution to dockside storage and de-cluttering at a low cost.
• It allows for easier access to water toys.
• The LakeEze Ramp Rack provides additional storage options without sacrificing any deck space.
All kinds of water toys such as tubes, paddleboards, kayaks/canoes, floating pads, and anything else you can think of!
The LakeEze Ramp Rack frame is bent out of 3 pieces of high quality, heavy duty 6063 T5 custom aluminum profile.
The LakeEze Ramp Rack is 35” to support longer water toys such as paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, floating pads, etc.
The distance from the hanging point to the floor is 39.125”. This is designed so that there is a shorter reach to the grab handles.
The inside dimension of the U-Hook is 17.25” and can hold anything that will fit within this size area.
All metals oxidize; however, unlike other metals, aluminum performs extremely well in water. When used in saltwater applications, it is highly recommended to remove from water when not in use since saltwater corrodes metals more quickly. The LakeEze Ramp Rack’s aluminum design with stainless steel hardware and brass nuts, are all rust-resistant when used correctly.
Yes! We suggest adding a bicycle lock and looping it around/through you water toys and ramp for additional security for your belongings. Note: the lock is not included in the purchase of the LakeEze Ramp Rack, but can be easily added.
There is no installation required! There is some assembly required and you can find the easy-to-follow assembly instructions here.
The LakeEze Ramp Rack is designed to simply attach and hang over your dock’s ramp using the two hooks.
Yes! The LakeEze Ramp Rack is not permanently mounted and can be moved to a different location on your ramp (or put up for storage) very easily!
LakeEze® Stow and Go:
• At any age, it is significantly easier to access and store your kayak/canoe with our LakeEze Stow & Go system.
• There is not much else comparable on the market that not only provides a storage solution for kayaks/canoes, but also provides a system for easy launching like our LakeEze Stow & Go does.
• Given its hoop and step design, the LakeEze Stow & Go has also made it possible for many people with varying disabilities to enjoy kayaking again.
• It takes the hassle out of kayaking. With our LakeEze Stow & Go, you no longer have to lug your heavy kayaks in and out of the water. You simple lower the system into the water and use the large step and hoop for stability to enter and exit the system. When done using, it can be easily raised into the angled, storage position with the use of the winch.
The external hoop dimensions for the LakeEze Stow & Go are 40”x24”. The internal hoop dimensions are 36”x20” which will accommodate kayaks and canoes up to 36” wide and approximately 17 3/4” tall. We recommend measuring your kayak/canoe to make sure that the Stow & Go system will work for you.
The LakeEze Stow & Go is built for life on the water and built to last and be enjoyed for years to come. We have had many units installed on lakes all across the US for years with no issues.
No! The LakeEze Stow & Go system ties into the dock frame or spans many deck boards to prevent damage to the decking.
Yes, as long as you have the space on the exterior of your dock. Many kayak enthusiasts have multiple units installed to more easily store and launch the kayaks/canoes.
Yes! We suggest adding a bicycle lock and looping it through the kayak/canoe and LakeEze Stow & Go loop for additional security for your belongings. Note: the lock is not included in the purchase of the LakeEze Stow & Go, but can be easily added.
The LakeEze Stow & Go was designed for easy lifting in and out of the water. The LakeEze Stow & Go comes standard with a winch to assist with this and makes it TRULY a breeze to operate.
No. It is recommended that the LakeEze Stow & Go be stored in the up position when not in use to prevent algae, barnacles, and dirt buildup. It will also prevent your kayaks or canoes from collecting water inside.
Yes! This is what the LakeEze Stow & Go is designed for! The LakeEze Stow & Go is designed to be easily raised and lowered in and out of the water.
All metals oxidize; however, unlike other metals, aluminum performs extremely well in water. When used in saltwater applications, it is highly recommended to remove from water when not in use since saltwater corrodes metals more quickly. The LakeEze Stow & Go’s aluminum design with stainless steel hardware and brass nuts, are all rust-resistant when used correctly.
The overall bracket width of the LakeEze Stow & Go is approximately 27”.
The overall horizontal dimension when deployed is 54”.
The step is 21 1/2”x12” (width x depth) and can be adjusted up to 18” below the deck level and waterlines up to 26” below the deck level, in 1 1/2” increments. This step design allows for a steady platform for getting in and out of the kayak/canoe dockside.
The LakeEze Stow & Go frame is made with high quality, heavy duty 6063 T3 custom aluminum profile.
The LakeEze Stow & Go does this for you! The system is designed to keep the kayak/canoe stored above the waterline and the angled storage prevents rain collection.
Yes! The reversible hoop allows for the system to be easily set up for landward or lakeward entry.
The LakeEze Stow & Go is designed to easily hold and support up to 300 lbs.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a LakeEze dealer. We have many partners across the Southeast and we’d love to talk with you. For more information and details about becoming a partner, please visit our Become A Dealer page.